Vacation ideas- how about the windy city?
Chicago Skyline reflection in the BEAN, Picture by mikeyexists
If you are looking for vacation ideas or just realizing you need a break, I think I have the perfect place for you to go- Chicago. Of course this is biased since I live in Chicago but this midwestern large city offers down to earth friendly people, tons of stuff to do, art, music, culture and so much more at an affordable price. Which brings me to all the things you can do here for free, that’s right free! Here’s my list and enjoy sweet home Chicago:
- Lincoln Park Zoo (one of the nation’s oldest zoos housing 1200 animals, children’s zoo, carousel and paddle boats)
- Lincoln Park Conservatory (beautiful botanical gardens where you will find ferns and tropical palms)
- Navy Pier (3,300 foot pier on Chicago’s shoreline including shopping, entertainment, cruises and events)
- Strolling down Magnificent mile
- Millenium Park, view the amazing architecture including the prominent Jay Pritzker Pavilion and the Bean
- Free Museums:
Chicago Architecture Foundation, Jane Adams’ Hull House, Arts Club of Chicago, Mexican Fine Arts Center Museum, Terra Museum of American Art, Oriental Institute Museum, Museum of Contemporary Photography, Museum of Broadcast Communications, National Vietnam Veterans Art Museum, American Bar Association Museum of Law
- I have two more suggestions that are not free but are a bargain. Boat ride- utilize the Chicago Water Taxi, it charges $2 ride between Chinatown and Magnificent mile. My last suggestion is going to The Signature Room on the 95th floor of the Hancock building for a fancy cocktail and an amazing view of the entire city.
[…] Vacation ideas- how about the windy city? […]