23 Ways to Get on Santa’s Nice List
We’re just three weeks away from Christmas! While Norad is tracking Santa’s super sleigh, Santa is tracking who has been naughty and and who has been nice this year. December 4 is Santa’s List Day and if you’re not sure which column you’re on, here are 23 ways to get on Santa’s nice list so you can get everything on your holiday wish list!
- Say good morning to a stranger.
- Wave and smile at the driver stuck in traffic who clearly hasn’t had his coffee yet.
- Write a nice letter to slip into the Christmas card you’re sending to your aunt or uncle who you rarely see.
- Bring your elderly neighbor a casserole.
- Post 5 things you are grateful for on Facebook.
- Leave a generous tip for the barista who got up at 4am so you could have your morning cup of ambition.
- Compliment the next three people you talk to.
- Call that good friend you don’t talk to anymore to tell her how much she means to you.
- When someone does something you don’t like today, don’t get mad and don’t dwell on it.
- Invite your new neighbor over for coffee.
- Hug your kids.
- Let someone go ahead of you in line at the grocery store.
- Hold the elevator door for that person who is running late to the meeting.
- Tell the people you love why you appreciate them.
- Call your mother-in-law.
- Give your employees small gifts as tokens of your gratitude for all their hard work.
- Make someone’s day easier.
- Shovel your neighbor’s sidewalk.
- Ask your child’s parents over for game night.
- Pet the next dog you pass.
- Pick up litter you see on the street and don’t mention it.
- Bring donuts to your local fire station.
- Back a project you believe in on Kickstarter, even if it’s only $5.
You don’t need Santa’s nice list to be an incentive to do good deeds, do nice things because it’s the season of giving. Everything you do affects someone — make it a positive effect.