This weekend the New York Giants won Super Bowl XLVI. With a final score of 21-17 over the New England Patriots, the Giants won their 4th Super Bowl Championship title. Lakeside is celebrating with these NFL Garden Spinners (don’t worry Patriot’s fans, this is offered in Pats colors too).
Nothing complements a great game like delicious wings. This Grill Master Chicken Wings recipe takes just 10 minutes of prep time and 20 minutes cook time. Recipe & picture from allrecipes.com
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 3 pounds chicken wings, cut apart at joints, wing tips discarded
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce (such as Frank’s RedHot®), or to taste
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat. In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the 1 teaspoon soy sauce and the hot pepper sauce. Turn off heat and reserve.
- Remove the chicken wings from the marinade and pat dry. Cook the wings on the preheated grill, turning occasionally, until the chicken is well browned and no longer pink, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Place grilled wings in a large bowl. Pour butter sauce over wings; toss to mix well.
Dips are great, but this Sunday you will also need some food with substance. Below is another recipe & picture from allrecipes.com for “Best Yet Turkey Chili.”
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, with liquid
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
- 1 pinch ground cumin, or to taste
- 1 pinch chili powder, or to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon, or to taste
Place turkey and bell pepper in a large saucepan over medium heat, and cook until turkey is evenly brown. Mix in beans, tomatoes, and corn. Season with cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 30 minutes. Add water if you want a more liquid chili.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 339 | Total Fat: 9.6g | Cholesterol: 84mg
In this second installation of football food, today we present Nacho Cheese Dip. This recipe was submitted by two of our very own Lakeside team members, Debbie and Mary. This recipe is probably the one of the quickest and easiest recipes out there.
- 2 cans of Hormel chili no beans
- 1 package of Velveeta mild Mexican cheese
- Doritos or Tostitos chips
Picture reference: Hormel.com
Are you ready for some—FOOD! The big game is this weekend and everyone is looking forward to noshing. This week we are blitzing the Lakeside blog with great recipe ideas for Sunday.
Today we feature Buffalo Chicken Dip, courtesy of allrecipes.com
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup pepper sauce (such as Frank’s Red Hot®)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) box chicken-flavored crackers
Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks and crackers.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 284 | Total Fat: 22.6g | Cholesterol: 54mg
Some of the folks who entered the Spread the Joy Sweepstakes yesterday may have received an email request for the use of their photo. This was an email server glitch and we are sincerely sorry about the confusing email. Our Spread the Joy Sweepstakes winners will be announced on the sweepstakes winners tab and as a status update on our Facebook page. We will announce our first two $500 American Express gift card winners tomorrow.
Don’t forget to tell your family and friends to enter daily for a chance at a $500 American Express gift card! You can enter here: http://on.fb.me/rG0n2A
A few weeks back we announced our Facebook $1,000/day sweepstakes. We are giving away $1,000 American Express gifts cards every day for 30 days in a row! It’s hard to believe we already have 23 winners and still have 7 cards to give away! If you haven’t already, check out Lakeside on Facebook!
Here are a few reminders as you enter the sweepstakes.
- You can enter one of two ways. But either way you enter, you must first ‘Like’ our page (1) Click on ‘Sweepstakes’ under our profile photo on our Facebook page, then click Enter Now and fill in all the required fields. OR (2) Click on this link, then then click Enter Now and fill in all the required fields
- Reminder this app is not mobile supported, so you must enter from a computer. If you are having problems, wait a few minutes, try to refresh your page or update your browser. If you are still having issues, please send your email address to the one and only Jodi at Jodi@Lakeside.com. Jodi cannot enter the sweepstakes on your behalf, but she can check if there is a technical problem.
- We draw a winner/day from ONLY the people who entered on THAT day. So be sure to visit our Facebook page each and every day for your chance at the prize!
- The winners are randomly picked by an independent consulting firm. Hometown, gender, age, favorite color or high school mascot have no impact on the draw…all that enter have a fair shot at winning.
- Each day at 10am Central we announce another winner (winners are announced ~1 week after the day they won). Additionally, all winners names are listed on our Facebook page, just below where you enter the sweepstakes under the section “$1,000 Giveaway Winners List”
Good luck to everyone! Keep entering daily and tell your friends and family to enter too!
Did you know you can find The Lakeside Collection via many different channels? We love engaging with our customers and strive to make your shopping experience as enjoyable as possible. We wanted to break down for you today the different ways you can engage with Lakeside!
Considering you are reading this post, it appears you have already found the first way we like to engage with our customers, “Down By The Lake,” our company blog. We post 3 times per week. The goal of this blog is to keep Lakeside fans up-to-date on new products and trends and we sprinkle in tips and fun posts for your reading entertainment.
Lakeside also has our very own Facebook page. On our Facebook page we post exclusive on-line offers and promotions, discuss new products and engage in two-way communication with our fans. Over 87,000 people ‘Like’ our page and engage daily!
Email subscriptions are a great way to get the hottest products and exclusive offers and discounts delivered right to your inbox. We never sell your email address, so you know exactly what you are signing up for. If you are interested in subscribing to The Lakeside Collection email subscription, click on lakeside.com, and on the homepage there is place where you can enter your email to subscribe.
Place an Order
The Lakeside Collection offers great products at a tremendous value every day. You can find these products in the pages of our catalog or on-line at lakeside.com. To request a free catalog be delivered right to your home, click on lakeside.com homepage and enter your email in the “Save Even More” box. Once your catalog arrives, thumb through the pages and earmark your favorites.
Did you know there are a lot of ways to place an order? One way is to fill out the form located in your catalog and mailing it in. Another is to take that same form and fax it over, available 24/7: 1-847-735-9711. The third way is to call in your order over the phone: 1-847-444-3150. A final way is to place your order on-line at lakeside.com. Pick your preference and place your order from the comfort of your home today!
Christmas will come early this year for 30 lucky Lakeside Collection fans. The Lakeside Collection is giving away a $1,000 American Express gift card to one lucky winner every day for 30 days in a row! Starting today, visit our Facebook page and enter to win. Return and enter again tomorrow and each day through November 15th. 30 people will win, why not you?
Today may be the first official day of summer, but here at Lakeside it is all about the 100′s of Fall values! Visit us online now to shop our new Harvest book and look out for it coming to your mailbox soon.
Here at Lakeside, we love gearing up for the wonderful autumn season. We enjoy the fun and excitement that goes into choosing the season’s best new styles, home decor and gifts. This year, we’ve put together a collection that we’re really excited about, and we hope you will be too. Hundreds of incredible fall and winter gifts and accessories are packed into this brand new catalog. Happy fall shopping!