Each room in your home is special, but one room that many overlook is the laundry room. After all, nobody entertains in the laundry room. However, according to the Consumer Energy Center, the typical American household does nearly 400 loads of launder per year. That equates to a lot of time spent in that forgotten room. Why not make your laundry space a little more enjoyable by adding some fun decorations?
Below are some cute vintage-inspired decorating options.
In case you missed our announcement last month, our Lakeside buyer Samantha is on Twitter! Samantha posts about industry trends, her travel adventures searching for cool new products, her favorite recipes, interesting trivia, Lakeside news and more. You can find her under the handle @LakesideBuyer. No worries if you are not on Twitter, you can still click here and review her feed.
Check out Samantha’s post from earlier today:
That’s right; Samantha will be giving followers an exclusive look backstage during a catalog photo shoot. Follow her today to see awesome behind the scenes photos of models, products, sets and photographers!
I came across this recipe for Kiwi Chocolate Popsicles from the blog Show Food Chefby Chef Cathy Shambley. This fun recipe is super simple to make, delicious, and a healthier option for dessert over cupcakes or cookies. Below are the instructions for making this treat. Recipe courtesy of Show Food Chef.
(1) Peel kiwi and slice into 1 inch slices and put popsicle stick in each slice
(2) Place in freezer for at least 1 hour
(3) Melt 1 cup of chopped dark chocolate and ½ cup coconut oil over stove or in microwave; be careful not to scorch
(4) Allow chocolate to cool to room temperature
(5) Dip frozen popsicle kiwi slice in chocolate
(6)Return popsicles to freezer or serve immediately
We have mentioned family game night as a great way to bring everyone together (especially when the weather is on the chilly side). Unfortunately it is sometimes tough to find a game that is fun for a variety of ages. Check out this great blog post from Beth at In Good Cents to see why she loves Lakeside’s Sock Monkey Game. Click here to read her review.
Happy Presidents Day! Lakeside Collection is celebrating Presidents Day two ways. First, through the end of today you can save up to 67% off on hundreds of items! Click HERE to shop online.
Lakeside Collection has also been celebrating the Presidents on Facebook. If you haven’t already, check out our What’s New tab where we paired Lakeside products with former US Presidents. See if you can guess why we matched the products with the person. You can check your answers HERE.
The weather might not comply, but spring is on its way. Below are our top 3 favorite signs of the season.
3. The sun is still up when we leave work
2. Pitchers and catchers will report next week
1. Our Spring Catalog has the best products for the season!
On this day in 1950 Cinderella opened in theaters. The Disney feature film took six years to make and is still regarded today by many as one of the best animated films of all time. In honor of this anniversary, here are some fun facts about the movie, courtesy of IMDB.
- Not only is the name of the Prince never revealed, he is nowhere in the film mentioned as “Prince Charming”.
- Lucifer was modeled after animator Ward Kimball’s cat. Animators were having trouble coming up with a good design for that cat, but once Walt Disney saw Kimball’s furry calico, he declared, “There’s your Lucifer.”
- To save money when animating the pumpkin coach, the animators drew the coach to seemingly float on air so that they would not have to animate the turning wheels or the filigrees.
Even after 62 years, Cinderella is still wildly popular with young girls around the world. Below are some cool items featuring the original rags to riches girl.
Disney 67 Pc. Art Set
Disney Bowling Set
Disney Bean Bag Chair
Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day. A key aspect of the holiday is the silly Valentines cards kids send to one and other. In that spirit, below is a silly Valentine’s Day joke.
Two antennae met on a roof, fell in love and got married. Their wedding ceremony wasn’t fancy. The reception, however, was excellent.
Below we are highlighting some our favorite items for our littlest customers. From clothes to toys, Lakeside has you covered whether you are a new parent or just looking for a special baby shower gift.
At Lakeside we know babies grow quickly. Carter’s™ Watch the Wear 2-Pack Sleep Gowns are cozy comfort for newborn through 3 month. They come in pink, blue and yellow.
Books are the perfect gift for young ones. This fun set of 6 shaped animal books is colorful barnyard fun.
Babes 6 months+ will love the baby interactive rocking chair. The lights and music will provide a child with fun entertainment, and the armrests are removable for easy mobility.
Valentine’s Day is one of the most candy-centric holidays of the year. However there are a lot of cool ways to celebrate the day & show somebody you love them, without adding to their waistline. Here are two creative DIY (do it yourself) ideas that are super sweet but won’t give friends a toothache.
These fun fortune cookies are from the Wonder Forest blog. Since the fortunes are personalized, you can tailor them for a significant other or for kids. Click here to see step-by-step instructions.
The second DIY Valentine’s Day idea could not be simpler. Found on Kristy Trammell Ramirez’s Pinterest board, this craft explains itself in just 4 pictures. These hearts are especially great for kids and are the perfect way to recycle old broken crayons.
Some helpful tips:
- Place the tray molds on a cookie sheet to avoid wax spills in your oven
- Once cooled, you can throw the tray in the freezer to make popping out the shapes a breeze
- For a cool refrigerator decoration, just stick a magnet on the back.