DIY: How To Make A Christmas Gift Basket
Christmas gifts can be made even more special when some extra thought and care is put into them! Putting together a gift basket is a fun and unique way to give something nice to someone for the holidays. You can easily put together a basket that fits their interests and their favorite things. DIY Christmas gifts are always a great choice for anyone special in your life. Here are some ideas on how to make a Christmas gift basket.
DIY Wine Gift Basket
Any wine lover would be excited to receive a wine gift basket filled with a mix of fun and useful items! This type of gift basket can include a variety of things including wine glasses, bottle openers, snacks, and of course, a bottle of wine. If you’re going to include snacks and wine, make sure you know ahead of time exactly what they like so you’ll know they’ll love the gift! Feel free to also include at least one personalized item in the basket for an extra special touch.
How To Put Together A Wine Gift Basket
- Start with a sturdy basket. You can either line the bottom of it with colorful shredded crinkle paper, or even shredded newspaper. Alternatively, you can fill the bottom of the basket with wine corks to match the theme.
- Next, put a bottle of wine in the basket. Place it inside of a Christmas wine bag for a festive touch.
- Add a set of wine glasses, a personalized stemless glass, or a wine tumbler. You can also put some chocolates or candies inside of the drinkware.
- Then, add in some useful wine gadgets such as a Christmas themed bottle opener, wine glass marker charmers, or an electric bottle opener.
- Bring in some wine themed fashion accessories – this can be anything from themed slipper socks to a wine graphic t-shirt.
- Finally, add in some coordinating snacks, such as nuts, and wrap the basket with cellophane. Top it off with a decorative bow.
If they’re more of a coffee drinker, check out these gift ideas for coffee lovers that can be incorporated into a basket!
DIY Spa & Beauty Gift Basket
When you’re figuring out how to make a Christmas gift basket, make sure you consider the recipients needs. For instance, if you know someone who could use some relaxation or just someone who enjoys skincare and beauty, a spa themed gift basket can make the perfect gift for them! There’s an endless amount of possibilities of how to put together a spa and beauty gift basket; it truly depends on their personal interests! Whether they’re into makeup, manicures, skincare, or they enjoy taking baths, you can put together a special gift basket that they’ll appreciate.
How To Put Together A Spa & Beauty Gift Basket
- Start with a reusable basket that they can use in their bathroom and line it with shredded crinkle paper or confetti. If you’re going to give them bath items, you can line the bottom with different colored loofahs for a fun look.
- For a bath themed basket: fill it with bath bombs, bubble bath and body wash, scented soap bars, and an eye mask. You can also throw in some chocolates or their favorite candies.
- To put together a skincare basket: add in a variety of lotions, fuzzy socks, and beauty face masks.
- If they love makeup: give them an eyeshadow kit along with sample sizes of high end makeup products. Include some makeup brushes and makeup tools in the basket as well.
- For a manicure/pedicure basket: include a variety of nail polishes and nail tools such as nail files, clippers, and even a gel nail lamp.
DIY Chocolate Lover’s Gift Basket
Food gift baskets are incredibly easy and fun to put together because everyone loves a treat during the holidays! These are also great if you don’t know how to make a Christmas gift basket; the food theme is a nice choice for your first DIY basket. A chocolate lover will enjoy getting a basket filled with delicious sweets. Give them a combination of chocolate foods that they already love along with new things for them to try. If they aren’t a big chocolate fan, you can alternatively give them a candy themed gift basket filled with the types of sweets that they enjoy.
How To Put Together A Chocolate Lover’s Gift Basket
- Start with a large basket. Fill the bottom with small wrapped chocolates or caramels.
- First add in some typical chocolate items: a variety box of chocolates, chocolate bars, and other chocolate candies.
- Then, add in some chocolate covered foods: pretzels, nuts, raisins, and anything else they may enjoy.
- Next, include some hot cocoa items: a variety pack of hot cocoa mix, chocolate stirring spoons, and even a cute mug.
- Finally, throw in some freshly baked goods if you want to add something homemade. Include things such as chocolate chip cookies, cupcakes, or cake pops.
- Finish it off with cellophane and a bow.
DIY Coloring Gift Basket
Whether they’re artistic or they just enjoy some relaxing activities, a coloring themed gift basket can be a unique gift to give them! No matter what age they are, they’ll get excited to receive a coloring or art themed gift basket with coloring books, drawing tools, and other fun accessories. Instead of a coloring themed gift basket, you can alternatively put together a different craft themed gift such as a knitting basket, a scrapbooking basket, or any other artsy activity that they’ll enjoy.
How To Put Together A Coloring Gift Basket
- Start off with a useful bucket or basket that they can use for storage. Fill the bottom with shredded paper.
- For a coloring basket: add in some coloring books and a set of pencils or markers. You can also include an essential oil diffuser that they can use for the ultimate relaxation.
- If you’re doing a knitting basket: include some yard, knitting tools, and even a beginner’s knitting book if they need to learn how to do it.
- For a scrapbooking basket: add a blank scrapbook, a variety of stickers, a mix of patterned scrapbooking paper, and even some photos of family or friends to get them started.
DIY Personalized Gift Basket
If you’re looking for how to make a Christmas gift basket that feels extra special and nice, a basket filled with personalized items is the way to go. These types of baskets make nice gifts for friends and family that you’re close with. A little personalization is nice a way to show your love and care for someone. No matter what type of personalized items you include in the basket, they’ll appreciate the kind gesture.
How To Put Together A Personalized Gift Basket
- Start with a special bag or basket, such as a personalized tote bag or a decorative basket they can display in their home. Fill the bottom with confetti, shredded paper, or even some of their favorite candies.
- Personalized fashion gift basket: fill the basket or bag with items such as monogram socks and gloves, a personalized bracelet or necklace with their name or loved one’s names on it, and a monogram jewelry holder. Include some extra accessories to make the gift feel complete.
- Personalized kitchen items gift basket: give them a personalized decorative bowl, a coffee mug with their name on it, a monogram set of cooking utensils, and some food items.
- Whichever type of personalized gift basket you give them, make sure to wrap it up with cellophane and a festive bow.
DIY Electronics & Gadgets Gift Basket
For the tech junkies and young gadget lovers, a gift basket filled with electronics and accessories is a great gift to receive! You don’t necessarily need to give them one large expensive electronic; that’s what’s great about a gift basket. You can give them a bunch of small items that they will find useful and interesting. Combine a variety of electronics and gadgets for the ultimate techy Christmas gift.
How To Put Together An Electronics & Gadgets Gift Basket
- Start with a large basket – they can use this to hold their electronics on their desk. You don’t need to line it with anything.
- First decide on a few large items to include. This can be anything from a Bluetooth speaker to a pair of noise cancelling headphones.
- Then, pick a couple smaller electronics like a small charging station or a cell phone charging case.
- Lastly, add in some accessories for the final touch. This can include things such as a phone stand for the car or a tablet holder.
Now that you know how to make a Christmas gift basket, check out our Holiday Headquarters page to find gifts to add to the basket! Find items for everyone on your list, no matter what type of basket you want to create.
If you’re looking for even more Christmas gift inspiration, be sure to check out these 5 Easy Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas!