5 Amazing money saving ideas
Photo by °Florian
With the current economic situation quite a few of our customers have been trying to save money. It is only natural right? Even with the economic situation its always a good idea to put money away for yourself, or perhaps your kids that will eventually head off to college if they haven’t already.
5. Install compact fluorescent bulbs or LED bulbs whenever you can. You might have seen these bulbs, they might cost more but they consume less electricity, which is especially true of LED bulbs. Compact fluorescent bulbs use about 25% of the electricity of incandescent bulbs. What about LED bulbs? 2%. Are there any places in your home in which you can change out a few bulbs to get started?
4. Cut back on eating out. I was looking at all the expenses I had in 2008 and one of the biggest was eating out. Going out to dinner can be quite fun when you invite your friends, or its just yourself and your spouse. Next time instead of going out with friends, can they come over for a meal if everyone pitches in?
3. Keep a list. Before you go shopping, whether it be for clothes, electronics or food. Don’t go into a store unless you know what you want before going in. Keeping a list for groceries keeps you from getting things you need, not things you want. It’s scary how fast those extras add up at the end of a grocery bill. How many “extra” things have you bought recently?
2. Exercise more. We Americans can be very busy and while not lazy we just don’t have the time to devote to exercise like we want to. One way to exercise more is to plan ahead and block out the time in our busy schedules, which may mean moving items around for the week or getting dad to watch the kids. Being healthy will save you a bundle in the long run. Are there any exercises that have worked for you that you would like to share?
1. Stop watching the Television. You are bombarded with guilt-inducing ads which play upon your emotions to purchase a particular product. Besides using less electricity you can devote all this extra time into doing more important things, for example spending time with your kids or exercising.
Any tips that you would add to the list?
Hi, Thanks for the great tips!
I just got done typing a post on my blog about how much fun we had baking with the Heart-shaped Muffin Cups I ordered from your company. We loved them so I shared it with my friends and family. (along with a great recipe too!) I linked it back to your web-site and blog if anyone is interested! If you’d like to check it out you can at http://www.therowland4.blogspot.com
Hope you all are having an enjoyable week!
Occasionally I have been disappointed by items ordered from Lakeside (that’s the risk you take when you order online), but they were fairly inexpensive and not worth returning.
I recently ordered a couple items that I was hesitant about, for different reasons. One was color – it’s difficult to tell if the color you see online is the color the item will be in real life. The other item was quite a bit more expensive than anything I’d ever purchased from Lakeside, and since it was pretty heavy I knew it would be expensive to return if I didn’t like it. Fortunately I was pleasantly surprised on both accounts.
My suggestion for your web site is a way to comment on specific items so that a subsequent buyer benefits from a previous buyer’s experience. I realize it would be a big project due to the number of items you carry, but I think your customers would really appreciate it.
Thanks, and keep the great products (mostly) coming!
I am sorry to hear that you have been dissatisfied with any of our products. As we do guarantee complete satisfaction, if I can assist you further with these items, please forward the details of the purchase to email@example.com.
We are always looking for ways to improve and deliver what our customers are asking for and we appreciate your thoughtful input. We cannot act on all suggestions, but all are worth looking into. I will be sure that our developement team is aware of your request.
Customer Care Specialist