12 Unique Decorative Accents That Will Add Personality To Your Home
Decorations are a big part of making a house feel more like a home and they can make your space fit your interests and personal style. Here are 12 unique decorative accents that will add personality to your home.
Tabletop Decorative Accents For Any Room
Tabletop decorations are typically small but can make a huge difference in any room of your house. They can add unique details to a room, whether it’s bringing out the finishing touches a design style or adding a defining eye-catching element to the room. These decorative accents can be placed on any surface and styled in any way to match the rest of your home decor spread.
Decorative Beach Glass Orbs
- Place these Decorative Beach Glass Orbs on a woven mat in the center of your dining table surrounded by seashells. Decorate your place settings with coastal themed napkins and dishes to complete the look.
- Use these orbs as paperweights on your desk in your office.
- Put the orbs on a decorative plate on an entryway table with a beach themed candle, a corresponding coastal wall hanging, and other coastal decor.
Metal Shadow Sentiments
- Lay a table runner on top of your mantel and place one of the shadow sentiments on top. Accompany it with a large potted faux plant, decorative books, and candles.
- Stagger all three sentiments on different levels of a bookcase, intermixed with plants and succulents.
- Place a sentiment on a decorative plate on your kitchen island with flower petals distributed on the plate.
Vintage Scale Clock
- Put this Vintage Scale Clock on your kitchen counter surrounded by other vintage and farmhouse decor such as tin food canisters and farm animal figurines.
- Decorate your mantel with this clock and surround it with a collection of vintage trinkets for a decoratively scattered look.
- Use this scale clock in your bathroom as a unique soap dish. You can also choose to place a plastic dish inside before using it.
Decorative Accents To Hang Up On Your Wall
A blank wall is like a canvas that is open to a multitude of possibilities for design styles and themes. Decorative accents can help bring your walls to life and can really define the style of any room in your house. These wall accents are small and subtle; however, they will stand out nicely on any wall in your home!
Vintage Metal Farmhouse Lantern with LED Candle
- Hang these lanterns from your ceiling above your dining table or kitchen table for a makeshift farmhouse chandelier.
- Hang them from wall hooks in your living room above a cabinet or bookcase near other farmhouse accents and wall art.
- Instead of hanging them up, set the lanterns down on your bathroom counter or on the ledge of your bathtub.
Retro Metal Pendulum Wall Clocks
- Put up a wall clock in your hallway above a console table lined with a stack of antique books, retro trinkets, and a retro telephone.
- Hang a wall clock in your kitchen and complement it with retro hand towels and vintage appliances. Check out these retro kitchen decorating ideas for more inspiration!
- Hang it up on a covered porch for a unique outdoor retro decoration. Accompany it with a retro doormat and antique bench.
Mason Jar Fairy Light Wall Sconces
- Hang a mason jar sconce on each side of your bed above rustic wood side tables. Accent the table with country decor such as a charming sentiment block sign.
- Line several of these up to hang underneath your kitchen cabinets to light up your backsplash. Make sure they are spaced out enough to avoid looking cluttered.
- Use them as night lights by hanging a line of them on both walls of your upstairs hallway to light up the entire path.
Decorative Accents To Jazz Up Your Floor Space
If you’re looking to fill up empty space in a room, standing decorative accents can do the trick! Placing decorative accents on the floor can make any room look more put together and fully decorated. These decorative accents can be placed in the corner of the room or near a wall; however, some can even work in the center of a room.
Vintage Dress Form
- Make this Vintage Dress Form a seasonal piece in your living room by adorning it with a different floral garland for each season or holiday.
- Place the dress form in your bedroom to use as a scarf holder. Simply tie your scarves all around the dress in a tidy fashion and display in a corner of your room.
- Make the dress into a “tree” for each season by filling the top half with decorative fillers such as ornament balls for Christmas or faux apples in the fall. Tie a large decorative bow in the center, and string the bottom half with greenery and garland.
Heavy Cast Iron Woodland Doorstops
- Use these as functional doorstops to keep your office door or bedroom door open. These fit in well with other lodge and woodland decor throughout the house.
- Place one of these woodland doorstops on a rustic shelf to use as a bookend. Make sure to surround it with small lodge themed accents.
- Take a large shallow basket and place it in the corner of your living room with one of the doorstops inside of it, along with large rustic candles and other lodge themed accents.
Sets of 2 Handpainted Floral Baskets
- Put these baskets in the corner of your living room or on top of your coffee table and fill them with magazines and books or throw blankets.
- Place a basket on your dresser and fill it with tall faux flowers for an easy and beautiful room decoration. You can also use it on your dresser to hold your everyday beauty supplies and other items.
- Keep these decorative baskets in your laundry room to hold your laundry detergent, bleach, dryer sheets, and other cleaning supplies.
Outdoor Decorative Accents For Your Yard & Garden
Decorating the outside of your house is a great way to bring your favorite theme outside or to create a whole new decor theme in your yard! Decorative accents can brighten up your front porch, add extra personality to your garden, and make your patio space more inviting and relaxing. These decorations are great for accenting any outdoor space big or small.
Ceramic Farm Animal Bells
- Hang these bells from a tree above your garden area. Complement them with some farmhouse style planters in the surrounding area and farm animal garden stakes.
- Hang the bells up on your front porch as makeshift wind chimes. These look great with a rustic rocking bench or chair and a farmhouse themed doormat.
- Hang the bells up on your front door or on your sliding back door handle where they’ll make noise for a functional and decorative piece.
Vintage Metal Bike Planters
- Stand this bike planter on a stone pathway in your backyard and fill it with flowers and plants. Use other bike themed garden decor nearby such as bicycle stakes.
- Place the planter on your front porch with real or faux flowers and display it outside all year long.
- Sit the bike planter underneath a tree and fill it with small vintage garden accents instead of flowers. Plant flowers under the tree to surround it.
Personalized Watercolor Floral Collection
- Hang the house number sign on your wall on your front porch or hang it up directly on your front door. You can also hang it up on the front of your house near your garage.
- Stick the floral flag with a stake into the ground and display near the pathway to your front porch or in the middle of your backyard garden.
- You can also use the flag without a stake and hang it up on the wall of your house near your front porch or on your door.
Looking for more ways to decorate your home? Shop our full selection of Decorative Accents to find more tabletop decor, wall accents, lighted decorations, and many more incredible deals on unique accents for every room in your home!