9 Scary Halloween Decorations For A Spooky Theme
Halloween can be such a fun time to year to decorate with creative flair and spooky style. If you’re looking to make your house look scary this Halloween, you can transform your space with the help of creepy creatures, frightening characters, and unique lighted decorations. Whether you want to decorate your home in a spooky theme for the entire Halloween season, or if you want to set up a haunted house for a party or trick-or-treaters, this guide has everything you need. This guide will help you learn how to create a scary Halloween decor theme and it showcases 9 scary Halloween decorations to inspire you to start decorating your home.
How To Set Up A Scary Halloween Decor Theme
Setting up a scary Halloween decor theme can be made simple if you do a little bit of planning. Think about the type of characters you want to display, any specific spooky scenes you want to create, and which areas of your home you want to decorate. Decorating your front yard and porch with spooky decorations can make it more fun and frightening for trick-or-treaters. Additionally, decorating the inside of your house can be fun for a party or just for getting you in the Halloween spirit.
Common Scary Halloween Characters
You can’t have a scary Halloween theme without displaying some spooky characters and creatures. Feel free to create a theme based on one character or include a variety of characters for a more unique display. You can also set up fun displays and scenes with Halloween character decorations to make your yard or home look extra festive. Check out some of the most common scary Halloween characters to display for the holiday:
- Black cats
Scary Halloween Decorating Ideas
There are so many different ways to decorate your home with a scary Halloween theme. Combining characters, spooky lighted decor, and other elements can give you a bold look for the Halloween season. Whether you want to set up a frightening scene on your front yard or just create a simple scary set up in a room of your home, here are some scary Halloween decorating ideas for inspiration. Use one of these ideas or combine multiple to achieve the look you want.
- Set up a fake graveyard in your front yard with tombstone stakes, skeletons, and spiderwebs.
- Display jack-o-lanterns on your porch steps with flickering green lights inside each one.
- Create a scary entryway table with spiderwebs across a table, spiders hanging from the wall, and a motion activated Halloween creature decoration.
- Decorate your mantel with skeleton figurines, flickering string lights, and spider decorations.
- Set up a motion activated zombie or witch on your front porch to scare trick-or-treaters.
- Use a large inflatable scary creature, like a ghost or spider, to transform your front yard.
- Hang witches throughout your staircase and wrap spiderwebs around your stair railing.
- Display hanging bats from your porch and combine them with flickering string lights.
How To Decorate For A Scary Halloween Party
If you’re throwing a Halloween party and you want to spook your guests, you can easily set up a haunted house theme to make your party extra fun. You can decide on the level of spookiness you want to create throughout your home based on the type of party you’re having. For instance, if you’re throwing a kids party, you’ll probably want to make it a little more fun and lighthearted with a spooky food station. However, if you’re throwing an adult Halloween party, you can dive into the more frightening themes and motion activated decorations.
Simple Tips For A Spooky Halloween Party
- Set up motion activated decorations throughout your home. The element of surprise will keep your guests on their toes.
- Keep your lights dim and display string lights and lighted pumpkins throughout the area.
- Create a different theme in each room for a fun interactive haunted house. For example, one room can be witch themed, another can be themed with spiders, another can be a zombie apocalypse, etc.
- Use a fog machine and play some Halloween sound effects and songs for some extra spookiness.
- Include a scary decoration in each room, including the bathroom, to keep the spooky fun going.
- Bonus: Make the spooky theme continue within your food and drinks – for instance, you can serve zombie shaped finger sandwiches and mummy cookies.
Lakeside’s Top 9 Scary Decorations For Halloween
Now that you’ve gathered some scary Halloween decorating ideas, it’s time to find the perfect decorations for your home! Lakeside has you covered with our selection of scary decorations for Halloween. Our spread of decorations include spooky characters like witches and zombies, string lights and lighted decor, and much more to fill your indoor and outdoor space. Here are Lakeside’s top 9 scary decorations for Halloween that are a must for any haunted house, scary party, or frightening Halloween display.
Oversized Spiders & Spiderweb
Scaling Halloween Witches
Life-Size Lighted Witch Trio
R/C Glow-in-the Dark Spooky Spider
Hanging & Stake Lighted Yard Ghosts
Creepy Hand Wall Hangers or Candleholder
Lighted Vintage Skull Wreath
Life-Size Climbing Zombies
Animated Flying Creatures
Want even more scary Halloween decoration inspiration? Shop our full selection of Scary Halloween Decor to find more indoor and outdoor decorations to create a creepy theme for your home!