How To Make Your Home Cozy For Fall
With the chilly weather of the fall season, it only makes sense to create a cozy home to stay warm and relaxed. A comfortable environment can make your space feel extra homey, especially during the harvest season. Whether you want to completely transform the entire style of your home, or if you just want to amplify your current style to match the season, you can easily create a comfy space that you’ll enjoy. From extra fabrics to lighting to pattern choices and much more, here are some simple tips on how to make your home cozy for fall.
Create Layers On Your Couch For A Cozy Fall Look
A big part of making your home cozy for fall is adding more warm and comfortable fabrics to your space. The easiest way to do this is by creating layers on your couch. You can instantly transform your living room into a cozy area by amplifying your seating. Bringing in some extra pillows and blankets will not only make you warmer but it will also make the room look warmer.
In order to create layers on your couch, you should start with some throw blankets. Drape a throw blanket over one corner of the couch and then place another one on the opposite corner. After adding blankets, you can then add your pillows. Layer the pillows across your couch in sets of two or three, depending on the sizes of the pillows. Using groupings of pillows will help you get that extra cozy appearance. You can also place additional throw blankets in a basket or storage container nearby to use on extra chilly nights.
In addition to pillows and blankets on the couch, you can also bring in other fabrics throughout your house to make your home cozy for the fall season. Swap your current window curtains for thick, weather-resistant ones. This will help block out the cool temperatures and will create an extra feeling of serenity in any room. You can also add some soft rugs throughout your house for even more comfort. This is an especially great idea if you have wood floors. Lastly, make sure to bring in some thicker towels for your bathroom for a more luxurious look. Find any areas in your home where you can bring in some thicker and softer fabrics for a warmer and cozier appearance as the weather gets colder.
Make Your Porch Cozy For Fall
Setting up a cozy porch for the fall time is a great way to amplify your outdoor space as the weather changes. Whether you want to sit outside and enjoy the crisp air, or if you just want to showcase your porch in a decorative style to welcome guests, setting up a cozy look can help you create your ideal look. No matter what size porch you have, you can easily add some cozy elements to make your space feel homey and charming during the harvest season. Check out some simple cozy fall porch decor ideas below for inspiration.
Cozy Fall Porch Decor Ideas
- Layer your doormat – place a large plaid fabric rug on the ground with a sturdy fall themed coir rug on top.
- Add throw pillows and blankets to your outdoor seating.
- Set up lanterns with LED candles around your porch and porch steps.
- Decorate with fabric porch decorations for added coziness and warmth.
- Use wood furniture on your porch for a charming rustic appearance.
- Display fall flowers in planters around your porch to amplify a fresh and calm feeling.
- Use fall sentiment decor throughout your porch for extra charm and comfort.
- Wrap solar string lights around your porch railing.
Mix & Match Patterns To Get A Comfy Fall Home
When combined with cozy fabrics and warm color schemes, having a mix of patterns is another way to make your home look and feel more comfortable during the fall season. You can fill your home with patterns in a variety of ways. For instance, you can have a mix of patterns with fabrics throughout your space. Or you can use a selection of patterns within your decorative accents. Play around with different ways to add patterns in each room to create a warm and cozy fall space.
While plaid is typically the main pattern seen within fall decorations, that doesn’t mean you’re limited to that one pattern. You can easily use plaid as your main pattern in the room and complement it with a mix of other patterns. On the other hand, you don’t always need to even use plaid at all. There are many different patterns and color schemes that can give you that cozy fall look. If you’re not quite sure how to combine patterns in your decor, check out some simple tips and tricks below to get started.
How To Mix Patterns: Simple Tips & Tricks
- Stick to a cohesive color scheme when mixing patterns. The room will feel too dizzy if there are too many different colors.
- Make sure to balance out your patterns with solid colored decorations. Having a nice balance of solid versus patterned is a great way to keep the room feeling relaxed.
- For an extra stylish space, consider mixing three or more patterns. Using an odd number of patterns will also help you keep up with that balanced look.
- Use varied sizes of patterns to maintain a relaxing space. Your main pattern should be the biggest element in the room, followed by smaller accent patterns.
Bring In Extra Lighting To Create A Warm Harvest Appearance
In addition to layering fabrics and mixing patterns, another way to make your home cozy for fall is to bring in some extra lighting throughout your space. Warm lighting can make a big difference in any room of your home because it can help establish a comfier and more welcoming area. This is important in the fall time because you want a relaxing and calm space in the midst of the changing weather.
Warm toned lighting is especially nice when you’re relaxing at home at night. Cool toned lighting can be a little too harsh on the eyes and can make the room feel too unsettled. There are so many different ways to add some extra lighting to each room in your house. Check out some ideas below to get started.
Lighted Decor Ideas For Fall
- Add string lights or fairy lights to almost any area in your home – your mantel, bedframe, entryway table, kitchen cabinets, and much more.
- Decorate with LED lanterns for a charming rustic look.
- Make sure to use warm colored bulbs in the lamps throughout your home.
- Display lighted pumpkin decor or other lighted fall accents on your coffee table, mantel, entryway table, and kitchen island.
- Bring in a large variety of LED candles and keep them lighted at night for a magical look.
Use Fall Scented Candles For The Ultimate Cozy House
Another way to make your home cozy for fall is to bring in the scents of the harvest season. Scent is a great way to set the scene for a warm and comforting space because there are so many nostalgic and cozy scents that represent fall perfectly. The best way to add fall scents to your home is with candle. However, you can also add scents with the help of essential oil diffusers, potpourri, and room freshener sprays. No matter how you want to add scents to your home, check out some of the top fall scents below for the ultimate cozy home.
Top Fall Scents To Add To Your Home
- Pumpkin spice
- Apple cider
Decorate With A Rustic Fall Style For A Charming & Comfortable Home
There are so many different styles and directions you can go for when it comes to fall decor. A modern or contemporary fall theme can make your space feel crisp and clean. On the other hand, the rustic fall style can give your home a more charming and comfy appearance. Decorating with a rustic fall style can help add to that cozy and warm feeling that you want to have in your home.
How To Decorate With Rustic Fall Style
If you don’t already have a rustic decor style in your home, you can still easily bring in rustic elements for the fall season. No matter what decor style you have, you can nicely blend a rustic fall style into any room of your house. Here are some easy tips on how to decorate with rustic fall style to get you started.
- Incorporate rustic materials such as galvanized metal, weathered wood, burlap, and straw.
- Use a warm fall color scheme mixed with neutrals like beige, brown, and white.
- Include a lot of natural elements like leaves, branches, and fall flowers throughout your space.
- Bring in charming fall sentiments on wall signs and throw pillows.
- Mix some country or farmhouse style decorations into your fall spread for some extra charm and comfort.
Now that you’ve learned how to make your home cozy for fall, check out our selection of Fall Harvest Decor to get started on decorating! Find pumpkin decorations, rustic accents, themed throw pillows, lighted decor, and so much more to transform your space for the harvest season.