5 Easy Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas
It’s usually the thought that counts when it comes to Christmas gifts; however, giving someone a beautifully wrapped gift will make the holidays extra special. If you’ve already mastered the simple wrapping paper look for your gifts and want to be more creative, there are plenty of ways to amplify the appearance of your gifts. Make your gifts look extra festive this Christmas season by putting some extra thought into the way you wrap them. If you need some inspiration, check out these 5 easy Christmas gift wrapping ideas to try this holiday season.
1. Use An Ornament As A Decorative Touch On A Christmas Gift
Christmas ornaments aren’t just for the tree! If you’re looking for a little extra something to place on your wrapped gift, consider using an ornament as a fun decorative accent. This will make your wrapped present look even more jolly and festive, plus the recipient can keep the ornament as an extra little gift!
Pick an ornament that coordinated nicely with the colors and themes in your wrapping paper. Ball ornaments are always a great go-to for almost any gift wrap; however, you can also get more creative with other types of ornaments. For instance, if you have winter themed wrapping paper, consider adding a snowman or snowflake ornament. If you have wrapping paper with a Christmas tree pattern on it, you can add a tree shaped ornament to the gift. Coordinating the ornament with the wrapping paper will make the gift look even more put together and festive.
The best way to add an ornament to a wrapped gift is to hook it onto a ribbon or bow. Make sure to securely tie it to the present to keep it from falling off. You can even attach the ornament to a gift tag on the wrapped present, or you can use the ornament as a makeshift gift tag itself. There are so many ways to creatively include ornaments on your wrapped Christmas gifts this holiday season.
2. Get Crafty With Christmas & Winter Symbols On Your Wrapped Gifts
This next Christmas gift wrapping idea is perfect if you are using simple wrapping paper or if you just want to jazz up the appearance of your gifts. Add small winter or Christmas symbols to your wrapped gifts with the help of wooden or paper figures. You can even make your own symbols to add, which can make the gift look extra thoughtful and special.
You can easily glue, tie, or tape these symbols to your wrapped gifts to instantly transform them. This can look especially nice if you’re using recyclable brown wrapping paper; it will make the presents look more festive and cheerful. There are so many different winter symbols you can add to your gifts, including:
- Christmas trees
You can even get more creative and string together a bunch of wooden figures to use as a ribbon around your gifts. For instance, take a bunch of wooden Christmas trees and attach them together to wrap around your gift. Make sure to paint the wooden trees red or green to give the gift a pop of color!
3. Used Themed Wrapping Paper For Your Christmas Gifts
Christmas gifts can be even more special when you take the time to make them personal to the recipient. Using themed wrapping paper to match their interests is a great way to give them a special holiday gift that they’ll absolutely love. Themed wrapping paper will give the gifts that extra personalized touch, which is always important during the holiday season.
Themed Gift Wrapping Paper Ideas
If you’re giving holiday gifts to someone you know fairly well, you can easily find themed wallpaper that matches their interests, hobbies, or personality. There are so many different types of themed wrapping paper that you can find, but if you need some inspiration, check out some ideas below.
- Musicians/music lovers: music note wrapping paper
- Gardeners: plant or flower patterned wrapping paper
- Golfers: golf ball wrapping paper
- Travelers: map wrapping paper
- Writers: typewriter patterned wrapping paper
- Teachers: pencil or apple patterned wrapping paper
- Artists: paintbrush patterned wrapping paper
4. Craft Your Own Christmas Cards To Make Your Holiday Gifts More Personal
In addition to adding crafty elements to your wrapped gifts, as mentioned earlier, you can also craft your own greeting cards to make the gifts extra personal and special. Homemade Christmas cards are always a nice idea, especially for your close friends and family. You don’t even need to be an expert; there are plenty of ways to make easy and simple homemade cards that look nice.
If you’re not the best at crafting, consider using the following items to make it even easier to make your cards:
- Plain, blank cards. This will help give you a great starting point rather than have to cut out your own cards from paper.
- Writing stencils. If you don’t have the best handwriting, stencils can come in handy for creating beautiful cards.
- Christmas symbol stencils. You’ll probably also want to use some Christmas stencils for your cards; you can then cut out various shapes from colored paper to glue to your card.
- Festive bows. You can attach Christmas bows to the front of your cards to make them look more festive.
- Stamps or stickers. Give your homemade cards a patterned look with some decorative Christmas stamps or stickers.
Anyone who receives your homemade card will be grateful for the thought and personalization that went into it. Have fun with your creative Christmas cards and make different ones for different people. You can also craft a bunch of them same cards to make it even easier on yourself. This personal touch will make any gift look extra special for Christmas.
5. Make Your Own Bows & Nametags To Put On Top Of Your Christmas Gifts
Another homemade touch to add to your wrapped Christmas gifts is the bow or nametag on top. Using a store-bought bow or nametag is always a great way to make the gifts look beautiful; however, crafting your own can make it look even more unique. This is such a simple and small touch, but it can make a huge difference to your Christmas gifts.
Homemade Christmas Bow & Nametag Ideas
There are so many different ways to craft your own Christmas bow or gift nametags for your holiday gifts. Whether you’re a pro at crafting, or are only able to do simple and easy crafts, you can still make your Christmas gifts look professional and festive. Check out some ideas below for inspiration.
- Cut out a 3D paper snowflake to use as a bow.
- Use a small wooden ornament as a gift nametag.
- Make a creative bow out of strips of newspaper.
- Tie a set of mini string lights into a bow for a magical gift.
- Use a Christmas tree or snowman stencil to cut out paper nametags.
- Attach a homemade Christmas cookie as a makeshift gift nametag.
- Tie a burlap ribbon into a bow for a rustic style gift.
Looking for more Christmas gift wrapping ideas and inspiration? Shop our selection of Gift Wrap & Gift Bags to get everything you need for the holiday season!