5 Affordable DIY Fall Decor Ideas
Fall is all about beautiful warm colors, natural elements, and relaxing scents. From pumpkin crafts to harvest leaf crafts and more, here are 5 affordable DIY fall decor ideas to try this season.
1. DIY Fall Leaves Wreath
This fall leaves wreath is a super easy DIY fall decor idea that results in something beautiful! The great thing about this craft is that you can use whatever types of leaves and faux flowers that you want. You can even choose to paint the leaves to get the exact color scheme that you’re looking for. DIY fall wreaths are always a solid choice for your main DIY decoration!
Assortment Of Fall Leaves (From Craft Store)
Faux Flowers (Optional)
Hot Glue Gun
- Start by hot gluing your first layer of leaves and flowers on the grapevine wreath, alternating with different sizes and colors. Tip: if you want a specific color pattern, make sure you lay them out before gluing. Otherwise, a random assortment will still look nice!
- Glue your second layer on next. These leaves and flowers can be arranged partially off the sides of the wreath.
- Next, fill in any empty spaces with more leaves and flowers. It’s okay to overlap – it’s even suggested.
- Let your wreath dry before hanging up on your front door!
2. DIY Pumpkin Planter
Pumpkins are a big part of the fall season, so why not incorporate them into your decor? This DIY Pumpkin Planter is a unique way to showcase fall flowers and plants on your front porch. With very simple steps to follow, this DIY fall decor craft is a perfect way to celebrate the harvest season!
Plant Or Flowers In Nursery Pot
Ice Cream Scoop
- First, cut a hole at the top of your pumpkin. This should be just big enough to fit your plant with the nursery pot container. Pull off the pumpkin top.
- Next, scoop out the inside of the pumpkin. You should be familiar with this traditional step if you ever carved a pumpkin! Make sure the inside is fully cleaned out.
- Carefully try to put the plant with the nursery pot container in the pumpkin to measure. Cut more of the top open if needed.
- Lastly, cut a small drainage hole in the bottom of the pumpkin. This step is very important in helping water from your plant drain out. Put your plant in with the container and you’re done!
3. DIY Cinnamon Stick Candle Holder
A beautiful decor craft with a delightful scent, this DIY Cinnamon Stick Candle Holder is a great fall decoration to display in your house! This DIY is so easy, that you can make multiple of them to put in different areas of your home. These candle holders look nice on a coffee table or as a fall centerpiece on the dining table.
Bag Of Cinnamon Sticks
Hot Glue Gun
Lace Or Burlap
- Glue the cinnamon sticks one by one around your glass jar. Make sure you evenly line the bottom of the sticks together.
- Leave it to dry.
- Cut a piece of lace or burlap to fit the diameter of the candle holder.
- Glue the fabric around the center of the candle holder.
- Once dry, insert a small pillar candle inside and display!
4. DIY Flower Power Pumpkin
This DIY Flower Power Pumpkin embraces a light and feminine look for the fall! You can use any flowers you want for this craft. If you want a more traditional fall look, opt for sunflowers or darker colored flowers. However, if you want a lighter look, choose summer and spring flowers.
Crafting Flowers (Any Type You Want)
Hot Glue Gun
- Before starting this craft, decide on what type of flower you want to use. You can even use a mix of different flowers!
- Carefully glue on each flower to cover the entire pumpkin. It’s easiest to start at the top of the pumpkin and move your way down by gluing flowers around the circumference.
- Optionally, you can spray paint the stem of the pumpkin once the flowers dry.
5. DIY Metallic Leaf Garland
Garlands are a wonderful fall decoration, so why not make your own? This DIY Metallic Leaf Garland craft result in a simple yet stunning fall decoration. You can truly make this craft your own by choosing any colors you want to paint the clothespins and the leaves. You can even give this a more glam look by using a glitter spray paint instead of metallic!
Paint (Any Color)
Metallic Spray Paint (Orange & Yellow)
- Start by painting your clothespins any color you want. Red, orange, and yellow are great for this fall look. Set aside to dry.
- Now it’s time to spray paint the leaves. Make sure you spray them on both sides for full coverage. Alternate the colors.
- While the leaves are drying, line up your jute string with the leaves and cut it to size.
- Once everything is dry, clip the leaves to the string, evenly spacing them out.
- You can display this on your mantel or anywhere in your home to add some extra fall flair!
Want to transform your home even more this fall? Shop our selection of Fall Harvest Decor to find decorative accents, bed and bath collections, serveware, and much more!