5 Pumpkin Decorating Ideas For A Festive Fall
Pumpkins are a huge part of fall decor; they’re the main symbol of the harvest season. If you’re looking for a more creative way to decorate with pumpkins this fall, consider looking beyond just the front porch. There are so many unique ways to display pumpkins in your home for the fall season. Whether you want a full spread of pumpkins throughout your home, or if you just want to create a simple display, check out these 5 pumpkin decorating ideas for a festive fall.
1. Fill Your Fireplace With Pumpkins For A Festive Display
The most obvious way to decorate your mantel for fall is to display pumpkins on the mantel ledge. However, if you want to take it to the next level, consider showing off pumpkins in a bigger and more unexpected way. If you don’t really use your fireplace, make that space a home for your pumpkins instead.
Stacking up an assortment of pumpkins in various sizes can give your fireplace a unique and interesting look. This idea can easily set the stage for a festive space in your living room. It will instantly be the most eye catching thing in the room. You can even use a variety of different colored pumpkins to brighten up the room even more. Match the rest of your fall decor spread with the pumpkins or create a contrast with something slightly different.
How To Fill Your Fireplace With Pumpkins
- Start with your largest pumpkins – these will be the base of your display.
- Make sure to also mix in some medium sized pumpkins for the base to give some variety.
- Then, begin to use smaller sized pumpkins to stack on top of the larger ones.
- You can also alternate with different colors – consider using orange and white or bring in some painted pumpkins for a more vibrant look.
- Once your stack of pumpkins is arranged in the way you like, you can also add some fairy lights on the pumpkin display by stringing the lights evenly throughout the pumpkin stack.
2. Use A Basket Or Tray To Display Pumpkins On The Coffee Table
Pumpkins can also make a nice addition to almost any table in your home for the fall time. Displaying them on your coffee table is a great idea to bring the harvest theme to your living room in an easy way. Set up a coffee table pumpkin display by placing pumpkins inside of a basket, bowl, or tray for an organized arrangement.
Mix together a variety of different sized pumpkins, along with other fall accents, to get a beautiful decorative look on the table. There are so many ways to set up a pumpkin display in a basket or other container on the table. You can easily make the display fit into your space and your style by arranging it any way you want. Check out some ideas below for inspiration!
Pumpkin Basket & Tray Decorating Ideas
- Fill a basket with different sized pumpkins and place faux fall flowers in the open spaces.
- For a rustic decor look, use a galvanized metal bucket filled with pumpkins and pampas grass stems.
- Use a tray with a pumpkin, fall sentiment sign, and LED candle or lantern.
- Add some pumpkins to a basket and then fill up a lantern with mini pumpkins to display next to the basket.
- Fill up a tray with mini pumpkins and display LED candles in between the pumpkins.
- Use a bowl to display small pumpkins, pinecones, and cinnamon sticks.
3. Create A Harvest Dining Table With A Pumpkin Centerpiece
There’s nothing more festive than a decorated dining table in the fall time. Whether you’re hosting a lot of dinner parties, or just want to make your table look nice all season long, using pumpkins to decorate your dining table is a great way to bring the festive feeling into your home.
Pumpkin Decorating Ideas For The Dining Table
- Display pumpkins across a table runner with LED candles in between each pumpkin.
- Set up a tiered cake stand in the center of the table with a variety of mini pumpkins on it, along with small LED candles and other fall accents.
- Make a DIY pumpkin flower vase by scooping out the inside of a pumpkin and placing faux flowers inside.
- Set up a tray with a tall candle in the center and mini pumpkins filling in the rest of the tray.
- Place a mini pumpkin on top of each place setting for a simple and cute look.
- Paint pumpkins a variety of colors and place them in the center of the table for a fresh appearance.
You can also bring these dining table decor ideas to your kitchen table or kitchen island. Adding pumpkins to your kitchen is a great way to brighten up your space and make it stand out in the fall season. Turn your home into a festive and comforting space for a by incorporating these ideas into different areas of your home as well.
4. Display Pumpkins In Unexpected & Creative Ways
There are so many ways to decorate with pumpkins throughout your home. Creating pumpkin displays with the use of stands or containers is a great way to elevate your fall decor. While a tray or basket is a typical way to display pumpkins, there are many other unique ways to display them. Stepping outside the box will make your fall decor look even more festive and interesting. Check out some creative ways to display pumpkins below.
Creative Ways To Display Pumpkins
- Place them on top of candle holders
- Display them on cake stands
- Show them off on tiered trays
- Place small ones inside of a lantern
- Fill a clear vase with mini pumpkins
- Use a decorative plate to display pumpkins
5. Show Off Pumpkins With Hay Bales In The Corner Of A Room
In addition to pumpkins, hay bales are another huge element of the fall season. Combining these two elements in your home decor is a great way to make your home look extra festive for the fall season. Create a pumpkin and hay bale display in almost any room of your house or on your front porch for a nice setup.
You can stack up some hay bales almost anywhere in your home, but they’ll look especially nice in a corner of a room. Then, place a variety of different sized pumpkins in different colors. You can also include other types of gourds to amplify the fall feeling even more. Finish off the look with some LED lanterns or other lighted decor to add a magical and warm touch to the display.
If you want to decorate with hay stacks and pumpkins in your outdoor space, consider placing a small hay bale on each step of your porch steps with a pumpkin on top. You can also create a small hay stack on your porch near the door with a pumpkin and fall sentiment sign on top. No matter how you lay out the display, you can easily create a festive look that will look nice the entire fall season.
Inspired by these pumpkin decorating ideas? Find even more fall inspiration by checking out our Pumpkin Decor section. Find unique and affordable pumpkin decorations for both your indoor and outdoor spaces!