7 Fall Mantel Decor Ideas For A Stylish Space
When it comes to fall decorating, the mantel is a great space to fill with festive cheer. Decorating your mantel in fall fashion can set the stage for your living room decor and make the room come alive. Whether you create a pumpkin theme on your mantel, an elegant fall spread, or a simple harvest look, you can easily create a mantel that fits into your space. If you’re not sure where to begin, check out these 7 fall mantel decor ideas for a stylish space.
1. Use A Scarf Or Table Runner To Amplify Your Fall Mantel
Before you start adding decorations to your fall mantel, you need a good base to establish your theme. Laying down a mantel scarf or table runner on your mantel is a great starting point for your fall decor spread.
Choose a scarf or table runner that has fall patterns, or one that is the main color of your fall theme. Make sure your scarf or table runner doesn’t look too busy because you don’t want to distract from the rest of your decor.
If you do want to use a scarf or table runner with a lot of detailed patterns, you can use a more simple spread of decorations on top to keep the space looking organized and stylish.
You can even make your scarf or runner complement the rest of the room with matching items throughout the space. For instance, add a matching tablecloth to your coffee table and set up matching throw pillows to make your space feel more complete.
2. Fill Your Fall Mantel With Pumpkins Galore
Pumpkins are one of the most festive symbols of the fall time, so filling up your mantel with pumpkin decor is a great way to create a stunning space. Find creative ways to showcase pumpkins on your mantel to make your living room look unique.
Start by thinking about what types of pumpkin decorations you want to add to your mantel. Use real pumpkins, ceramic pumpkins, or fabric pumpkins depending on the look you want. You can also bring in some decorations that feature pumpkin patterns for an extra touch of fall charm.
You can display pumpkins on your mantel in a variety of ways. Check out some ideas below for inspiration:
- Fill baskets or trays with mini pumpkins.
- Display pumpkins on top of candleholders.
- Hang a pumpkin wreath above the mantel.
- Create a vignette filled with pumpkins, squash, and other gourds.
- Display a pumpkin garland across the mantel.
- Use a pumpkin patterned mantel scarf.
- Bonus: check out these pumpkin decorating ideas for even more inspiration!
3. Decorate Your Fall Mantel With Unexpected Colors
A traditional fall color scheme includes warm colors like red, orange, and gold to match the beautiful colors outside. However, you aren’t limited to one color scheme when it comes to your fall mantel decor.
Consider decorating your fall mantel with an unexpected color scheme for a more unique look. Whether you want to match your current color scheme of your living room, or if you want to create a brand new scheme, you can easily set up a charming fall look.
You can decorate with almost any fall color scheme you want; however, here are some popular alternative fall color ideas for inspiration:
- Teal and pink
- Black and white
- Beige and purple
- Pink and white
- Gray and peach
4. Make Your Fall Mantel Magical With Lighted Decorations
Lighted decorations are perfect for the fall time because they help create that magical glow and warmth in your home. Adding lighted decor to your mantel is a great way to set up a comfortable harvest theme.
You can light up your entire mantel with the help of LED decorations, or you can add just a couple simple lighted elements for a touch of unique charm. No matter what style you want, lights can amplify the appearance.
There are so many different possibilities for lighted decorations on your fall mantel. Here are some stylish ideas to get you started:
- LED lanterns and candles
- Lighted leaf garland or wreath
- String lights
- Light up fall wall art
- Lighted pumpkins and harvest accents
5. Freshen Up Your Fall Mantel With Flowers & Greenery
When decorating a fall mantel, you want to create a refreshing and bright scene to make your space feel welcoming. A great way to set that mood is to add flowers and greenery to your mantel.
Flowers, greenery, and fall foliage are great additions to your mantel and can pair nicely with other fall decorations. You can use real or faux flowers for your mantel; however, artificial ones will give you a longer seasonal display.
There are many ways you can display wreaths and florals on your fall mantel. Here are some simple ideas to add to your fall decor spread:
- Display flowers in fall themed vases across the mantel.
- Hang up a fall wreath above the mantel.
- Use a fall foliage garland across the mantel.
- Scoop out a pumpkin and display flowers inside.
- Use small fall wreaths on the mantel surface with a candle in the middle of each one.
- Hang up fall garlands on the wall above the mantel.
6. Add Some Fall Scents To Your Mantel For An Extra Festive Touch
A fall mantel is filled with festive colors and harvest symbols, but it wouldn’t feel complete without the addition of fall scents. Adding fall scents to your mantel can help set the scene of a warm and comfortable space.
There are so many ways to add fall scents to your mantel while maintaining a decorative appearance. You can add real or LED candles, use an essential oil diffuser, or add a bowl of potpourri to the mantel.
When it comes to types of fall scents, you can typically use anything that gives off a warm and cozy feeling. Here are some popular fall scent ideas to consider for your mantel:
- Pumpkin spice
- Baked goods
7. Create A Makeshift Fall Mantel Without A Fireplace
If you don’t have a fireplace or mantel, you don’t necessarily need to miss out on creating a festive display. You can easily create a makeshift “mantel” in your living room to bring the cheer of fall into your space.
You’ll want to start with a small cabinet or even a console table. This will act as your “mantel” surface. Make sure to set up this cabinet or table against a wall so you can create a full fall display on it.
Once you have your table or cabinet set up, you can start to decorate it as if you were decorating a mantel. Here are some simple steps to get started:
- Lay down a fall garland across the surface.
- Set up some baskets of pumpkins.
- Add some fall scented candles & lighted accents.
- Display a vase of fall flowers.
- Hang up a wreath or fall artwork on the wall above the cabinet or table.
Now that you’ve checked out these 7 fall mantel decor ideas for a stylish space, visit our Fall Harvest Decor section to find even more inspiration! Shop an affordable selection of pumpkin decorations, fall themed accents, lighted decor, and much more to transform your space.