Christmas Decor 2021: The Ultimate Guide
Christmas is the best time to fill your home with festive joy and cheer. Whether you want a country Christmas style home, a winter wonderland look, or a traditional holiday scene, this guide will give you some useful tips to get started on your holiday decorating. Be sure to also check out Lakeside’s featured indoor and outdoor Christmas decorations at the end of the guide to get going on your holiday shopping. From creating a holiday decor plan to choosing a theme, here is Lakeside’s ultimate guide to Christmas decor 2021.
When To Start Decorating For Christmas 2021
Generally speaking, there’s no right or wrong time to start decorating for Christmas. You can truly decorate for the jolly season whenever you want! However, a great guideline to follow is start decorating right after Thanksgiving. Decorating for Christmas after Thanksgiving will give you an easier transition between the holidays and season.
After Thanksgiving, you can slowly start to eliminate your fall decorations and replace them with Christmas accents. Do this transition gradually from room to room for an easier way to decorate your space. You can even just start with setting up your Christmas tree and then add other accents from there. If you’re not sure how to make a smooth transition from fall decor to Christmas decor, check out some tips below for inspiration.
How To Transition Your Home Decor From Fall To Christmas
Whether you want a bold Christmas look or a more subtle holiday appearance, you can take some simple steps to make the transition from fall to Christmas easier.
- Start by putting pumpkin decorations and any fall-specific decorations away in storage. You can leave out more subtle fall items for now and transition them out later.
- Set up your Christmas tree as the base of your entire holiday decorating theme.
- Replace fall candles with Christmas candles. This can include holiday scents like pine, peppermint, cinnamon, cedarwood, and more.
- Use pinecones as your main Christmas accents to start out more neutral.
- Swap in Christmas themed throw blankets and accent pillows.
- Start incorporating Christmas colors mixed with neutrals for a balanced look.
- Find areas where you can use warmer fabrics to prepare for the cold winter ahead.
How To Choose A 2021 Christmas Decor Theme
Choosing a theme for your Christmas decor is a great way to set up a seamless spread of decorations throughout your home. If you’re not sure what type of theme to choose for your holiday decor, consider the following:
- What type of environment do you want to create? Decide if you want to set up a bright and jolly environment or a more warm and comforting one.
- What color schemes work with your current decor? Your Christmas decorations don’t necessarily need to match your current home decor colors; however, it’s something to consider if you want a more chic look.
- How much are you willing to dive into a theme? Think about if you’d want the Christmas theme all over your home, or if you just want a more subtle appearance.
Christmas Decor Themes for 2021
When it comes to decorating for Christmas, there are so many different themes to choose from. While this list isn’t all inclusive, here are some popular Christmas decor themes to choose from:
- Traditional: A traditional Christmas decor theme is great if you want the simple and classic look. It features the green and red color scheme, classic symbols like Santa, jingle bells, and wreaths, and magical lighted accents.
- Winter Wonderland: The winter wonderland theme gives your home a magical and bright feeling. It showcases a mostly white color scheme, snow and snowman decorations, and even some sparkly accents to tie everything together.
- Country: If you’re looking to add some charm and comfort into your home, a country Christmas theme is the way to go. This theme includes a lot of rustic materials, plaid patterns, and farm animal accents for some extra charm.
- Glam: Create a glam Christmas decor theme if you want an elegant and chic appearance. This style features a primarily gold or silver color scheme, simple sentiments, sparkly accents, and lighted decorations.
Lakeside’s Indoor Christmas Decor 2021
Find holiday decor for any room with Lakeside’s selection of indoor Christmas decor. Find pre-lit Christmas trees, festive throw pillows, lighted decorations, mantel collections, small accents, and much more. Whether you want to set up a classic theme, or if you want to go for a more unique theme, our indoor Christmas decorations will match your style perfectly. Find decorations for a festive Christmas season!
Set of 3 Lighted Winter White Gift Boxes
Northwoods Lodge Decor Collection
Winter Farmhouse Holiday Decor Collection
Santa & Snowman Christmas Shelf Sitters
Faux Fur-Trimmed Plaid Pillows or Stockings
Lighted Elf & Snowman Character Christmas Trees
Lakeside’s Outdoor Christmas Decor 2021
Decorating your outdoor space for Christmas is just as important as decorating your indoor space. Fill your front porch and yard with Lakeside’s selection of outdoor Christmas decor to fit any theme! Find solar decorations, festive yard stakes, outdoor Christmas trees, themes statues, string lights, and much more. Transform your outdoor area with a bright and cheerful holiday style.
Candy Cane Stakes
Silly Elf Garden Stakes
Christmas Tree in Lighted Pot
Christmas Gnome Garden Stakes
Snow-Tipped Winter Greenery
65″ Lighted Holiday Trees
Looking for even more holiday decorations? Check out our full selection of Christmas Decor and More to find holiday decor collections, themed bedding, festive lighted decor, Christmas ornaments, and much more to fill your space for the holiday season.