How To Transition Your Home From Fall To Halloween
Fall decor and Halloween decor are similar when it comes to their overall themes and symbols; however, the Halloween holiday has some distinguishable elements. If you want to make your home look extra festive for Halloween, you don’t even need to remove all your fall decorations. You can easily add some extra decorations and shift your fall decor around to match the spooky holiday. If you want to make a slight seasonal shift to your home decorations, check out some easy ways to transition your home from fall to Halloween.
Bring In Some Dark Colors To Shift Your Decor From Fall To Halloween
One defining feature of Halloween is the dark color scheme and overall dark aesthetic. Since your fall decor most likely includes warm and welcoming colors like orange and gold, you’ll want to bring in some of the darker Halloween colors to match the holiday. Luckily, you don’t have to remove all of your fall decorations, you simply just have to add on some new decorations or swap out a few items.
How To Add Dark Halloween Colors To Your Decor
There are so many ways to bring dark Halloween colors into your spread of decorations. Whether you swap out some of your fall decor or just mix in some dark elements within your current decorations, you can easily transform your space for Halloween. Check out some ideas below for adding dark Halloween colors to your home decorations.
- Add some black candles around your home.
- Mix in some black or dark colored pumpkins with your fall pumpkins.
- Add a dark colored accent pillows and throw blankets to your couch and bed.
- Hang up some fabric wall hangings in dark colors with Halloween symbols.
- Cover up any decorative books with black book covers.
- Use black spiderwebs to create a creepy effect.
- Add some dark colored string lights to your decor.
Transform Your Mantel To Fit The Halloween Season
If there’s any area of your home to do a full Halloween transformation, your mantel is the perfect spot. Decorating your mantel with a full Halloween theme is a great idea if you don’t want to commit to a full home transformation. The mantel is a simple area that can be made to look unique and festive.
When decorating your mantel for Halloween, you can opt for a full transformation or you can simply add on to your fall decorations. However, removing your fall mantel decor will allow you to be even more creative with your Halloween spread. If you need some inspiration for your Halloween mantel, check out some ideas below to get started.
Halloween Mantel Decor Ideas
- Add some candlesticks or candelabras with flickering LED candles.
- Display some spooky jack-o-lanterns.
- Stretch out some decorative spiderwebs across the mantel with plastic spiders.
- Hang up bats or ghosts on the wall above the mantel.
- Display black roses or black branches in a Halloween themed vase.
- Use lighted Halloween creatures for a spooky and magical effect.
Add Some Halloween Accents To Any Fall Table Displays
Table displays are the easiest way to amplify any seasonal theme. If you already have some fall themed tables set up, such as a fall entryway table or coffee table, you can easily add some Halloween elements to these areas. This can make the table look extra festive for the holiday without having to start from scratch. Check out some easy tips below for transforming a fall table display to Halloween with some simple additions.
Transforming A Fall Table Display To Halloween: Easy Tips & Tricks
- Keep your fall pumpkins, foliage, and fall sentiment signs up. Only remove some pieces if the table is already too crowded.
- Add some decorative spiderwebs across the table. Set this up underneath all your decorations to get the full effect.
- If you already have fall candles displayed, simply just swap out candleholders for Halloween themed ones.
- Add a Halloween character statue or a ceramic haunted house to the table.
- If you have a mirror above your table, hang dark colored string lights around the frame.
- Mix in some decorative spiders with your fall foliage decor.
- If you have room on the table, add some extra pumpkins with spooky jack-o-lantern designs.
Decorate Your Dining Table With A Fun Halloween Style
The dining table is another great area of your home to decorate with a seasonal theme. Whether you’re having a dinner party or just want a festive look for the Halloween season, you can easily transform your table. If you already have some fall decorations on your dining table, you don’t even need to remove them. There are many easy ways to transition your dining table decor from fall to Halloween.
How To Transition Your Dining Table Decor From Fall To Halloween
If you want to make your dining table look more festive for Halloween, you can easily swap out some of your fall decorations and add some extra accents for a quick transformation. Check out some ideas below for a simple and unique dining table transition.
- Swap your tablecloth or placemats for Halloween themed ones.
- Use some Halloween themed dishware to put on display.
- Spread out a spiderweb across the table as a makeshift table runner.
- Add some decorative bats or spiders to your fall pumpkins on the table.
- If you have fall candles displayed, use Halloween candleholders to show them off.
- Hang up some Halloween wall art nearby to set the theme of the entire room.
Add Some Spooky Elements To Your Fall Porch For A Halloween Transformation
Your outdoor space is the perfect area to set up a Halloween theme because it’ll make your home look extra festive and it’ll welcome trick-or-treaters on the actual holiday. Having a Halloween themed porch will give your home an extra touch of magic and fun. If you already have fall decorations out on your porch, you can easily bring in some spooky accents for a quick transformation.
Adding some spooky decorations to your fall porch is a great way to get the full effect of a Halloween scene. If you have some pumpkins set up, along with hay stacks and fall sentiment decorations, feel free to leave these displayed. These will blend in well with Halloween decorations; you can make this an easy and simple transformation.
Spooky Halloween Decorations To Add To Your Fall Porch
There are so many different types of scary Halloween decorations that you can add on to your fall porch for a quick yet effective transformation. Whether you want a full haunted house appearance or if you just want a small emphasis on the Halloween holiday, check out some ideas below for spooky Halloween accent to add to your fall porch.
- Skulls and skeletons
- Witch statues
- Decorative spiderwebs
- Dark colored string lights
- Flickering lighted decorations
- Hanging bats or spiders
Now that you’ve checked out some ideas for how to transition your home from fall to Halloween, shop our Halloween Decor Headquarters to get started on your transformation! Find unique Halloween character decorations, lighted accents, themed bed and bath collections, outdoor decor, and much more to get your space ready for the spooky holiday.