5 White Christmas Decorating Ideas
A white Christmas decor theme incorporates the beauty of the wintery snow and the comfort of holiday cheer. While white is the main color of this style, you can easily include accent colors to amplify the feeling of a fresh and joyous Christmas. There are so many ways to decorate your home with the white Christmas theme. If you’re not sure where to begin, check out these 7 white Christmas decorating ideas for a magical holiday season.
1. Add Touches Of Gold To Your White Christmas Theme
Every white Christmas decor theme needs a magical accent color to make your space come alive. Gold is the perfect accent color for your white Christmas theme that can easily be incorporated in style. Gold represents the warmth and richness that the holiday season brings to everyone. Set up a white Christmas space accented in gold for the perfect magical appearance.
There are so many different ways to include gold in your white Christmas decor spread. Whether you set up a gold and white theme in every room, or just create a living room display, you can easily transform your home with this elegant holiday style. Check out some ideas below for gold and white Christmas decor ideas.
Gold & White Christmas Decorating Ideas
- Decorate a Christmas tree with white and gold ball ornaments.
- Create a winter wonderland scene on your mantel with gold string lights hanging across.
- Set up white candles on top of gold candleholders.
- Decorate a winter wonderland tree with gifts wrapped in gold wrapping paper underneath.
- Add gold holiday themed throw pillows to your couch with white faux fur pillows mixed in.
- Create a snowy themed porch and add gold string lights or gold hanging stars.
- Add some gold Christmas character statues into a white Christmas themed room.
- Decorate your bedroom with white bedding, gold throw pillows, and a white and gold tree in the corner.
2. Fill Your Porch With A Snowy White Christmas Theme
Another magical way to incorporate the white Christmas theme into your home decor is to set up a snowy style porch. Creating a snowy Christmas porch will make your home look extra welcoming and special for the holiday season. Find different ways to incorporate various snow themed accents, white colors, and sparkly lights on the front porch.
How To Decorate A Snowy Christmas Porch
When decorating a snowy themed Christmas porch, stick with a mostly white theme but choose an accent color for an extra stylish touch. Your accent color can be red, gold, green, or even blue, depending on the look that you want. Red and green can give your winter porch a classic look, gold can make it look elegant, and blue can amplify the winter wonderland setting. No matter what accent color you want to use, check out some general decor ideas below for creating a snowy Christmas porch.
- Hang up a snowy wreath on the door and wrap snowy garland around your porch railing.
- Display throw pillows on the porch that feature winter and snow sentiments.
- Use snowman accents such as statues, wall art, and a doormat, to amplify the theme.
- Hang ball ornaments in your accent color to brighten up your porch.
- Display white lanterns up your porch steps or around your front door.
- Hang white string lights or snowflake string lights on the porch.
- Set up an outdoor Christmas tree on the porch with winter themed ornaments like snowflakes, snowmen, mittens, and silver ball ornaments.
3. Transform Your Living Room Into A Winter Wonderland For Christmas
If you want an extra beautiful and fun living room this Christmas, consider transforming it into a winter wonderland theme. This white Christmas decorating idea will give your space a magical and exciting feeling, perfect for the entire holiday season. The white Christmas decor theme will also make your living room cozy for Christmas, thanks to its warm and comfortable charm. You can fill your entire living room with a winter wonderland style or you can limit it to a specific area, like the mantel.
Combine the winter wonderland theme with some classic Christmas decorations and characters for the ultimate holiday look. You can even swap out the Christmas decorations after the holiday passes and keep your winter wonderland theme up through February. If you’re not sure where to begin with your winter wonderland living room, check out some ideas below to get started.
Winter Wonderland Living Room Decor Ideas
- Set up a winter wonderland Christmas tree. Using a white tree, add some ornaments like snowmen, snowflakes, and silver ball ornaments. Then, hang some twinkly string lights, add a silver star tree topper, and a sparkly tree skirt.
- Create a winter wonderland mantel. Hang a snowy garland across the surface, set up lanterns filled with fake snow, add some snowman figurines, and add a Santa decoration for an extra Christmas touch.
- If you don’t use your fireplace, fill it with the winter theme. Add some decorative snowballs, snowman statues, and white lanterns.
- Decorate your coffee table with the winter wonderland theme. Create a festive centerpiece by filling a tray with fake snow, small snowman figurines, Santa and reindeer figurines, and Christmas candles.
- Hang up winter wonderland wall art throughout the living room. This can include things like lighted snowy scene wall art, a white Christmas wall tree, a snowball wreath, and sparkly curtain string lights.
4. Set Up A Miniature Snowy Christmas Town On Your Entryway Table
To get an extra charming touch in your white Christmas decorating plan, consider setting up a miniature snowy Christmas town on your entryway table or in another area of your home. Miniature scenes can look so delicate and interesting when displayed in your home, especially for the holiday season. Setting up a cute little town can add to your white Christmas theme in a new and fun way.
There are many different directions you can take when setting up a snowy Christmas town. You can keep it simple with some small houses and trees, or you can amplify it by adding in some small characters and animals for a fully festive appearance. Your entryway table provides the perfect surface to set up this mini town; however, you can also display it in other areas such as the coffee table, the mantel, a bookshelf, or the kitchen island. If you need some inspiration, check out some steps below for how to set up a mini Christmas town in your home.
How To Set Up A Miniature Snowy Christmas Town
- Start with a snowy surface – this can be some fake snow scattered across the table or a white snowy table runner.
- Add your mini white houses across the table. Use lighted houses for an even more magical appearance.
- Next, add some snowy brush trees around the table. You can even hang mini ornaments from these trees for an extra charming look.
- Then, bring in some small people figurines and animal figurines. You can also add a Santa and reindeer figurines to make it festive for the holiday.
- Lastly, add some finishing touches like mini lanterns or some other mini buildings to make the town come to life.
5. Incorporate White Candles Throughout Your Christmas Decorations
One of the easiest ways to accent any white Christmas decor theme is to include white candles around your home. White candles can make any room feel calm, magical, and welcoming for the holiday season. They can also nicely accent a winter wonderland theme or a snowy style space. While you can use unscented candles, it’s even more fitting if you find white candles in Christmas scents. This can include cinnamon, vanilla, chai, cedarwood, and other warming scents.
How To Decorate With White Candles Around Your Home
You can easily decorate with white candles in any area of your home, including your outdoor spaces. Once you’ve decorated your home with your white Christmas style and holiday themed decorations, you can then bring in your white candles to complete the look. Check out some ideas below for decorating with white candles around your home.
- Fill an empty fireplace with a large selection of white candles in various sizes.
- Display white candles on Christmas candleholders on the entryway table.
- Set up lanterns on the porch with white solar candles inside.
- Decorate a coffee table tray with Christmas accents and white candles inside.
- Add white candles to the mantel with brush trees and snowy pinecones.
- Display a large white candle in the middle of the kitchen island with other holiday accents around it.
- Decorate the bathroom with white candles on the counter and around the bathtub.
- Set up a decorative tray on the dresser in your bedroom with white candles and some Christmas character figurines.
Enjoy these white Christmas decorating ideas? Shop our Christmas Decor & More section for even more inspiration! Find snowy themed accents, Christmas home collections, festive table linens, holiday character decorations, outdoor decor, and much more for the holiday season.